"Buried with Christ in baptism, raised to walk in newness of life.”
Come celebrate baptism at Bayside Midtown!
Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior and are committed to following Him all the days of your life? If you’ve recognized God’s pursuit of you and are ready to respond to Him, come be baptized and let us celebrate your new life in Christ!
And Peter replied, “Each one of you must turn from sin, return to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; then you also shall receive this gift, the Holy Spirit." Acts 2:38 (TLB)
If you’re interested in getting baptized, we encourage you to join us at StepONE where we dive deep into the topic of baptism. Our next opportunity for StepONE is located HERE . Growth Track is not a prerequisite for baptism, but it is a great first step to learn more about it if you have questions and are praying about being baptized.
A few important notes about the day of your baptism:
- Baptisms happen during the 7pm service
- Wear shorts/pants that won’t become transparent in the water
- We’ll provide you a baptism T-shirt at check-in
- Bring a towel and change of clothing
- Invite your friends & family members
(& remind them to bring their cameras!)
Blessings upon blessings to you as you take this next step in your faith!
Baptism Ceremony Information
What to wear & bring:
• Arrive early to attend the pre-baptism meeting
• Arrive dressed to be baptized
• If you are going to change, allow time to change
• Bring a towel and a change of clothes
• LADIES – wear modest shorts with a dark t-shirt
• MEN – wear a swimsuit or shorts with a dark t-shirt
• We provide “I Have Decided” t-shirts for you to wear (optional)
• Wear flip flops or sandals
What happens in the water?
Baptisms take place during the 7 pm service, in the sanctuary. The Pastor will briefly explain the meaning of baptism to the audience and then the Pastor will introduce you as you step into the baptismal water. One of our teammates will assist you in being submerged under the water, saying, “I baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Buried with Christ in baptism, raised to walk in newness of life.”